Friday, June 15, 2007

The Many Myths of Raw Feeding

I am considering upping Gohan's raw food diet. His teeth are becoming a bit dingy and homedawg can't stand the stupid brushing we humans think is the answer.

I worry about this since my Pomies had (have) such wretched teeth and now it's just too late to do anything. Nikki is 16 years old and it hardly seems right to put her under just to remove scale and teeth. Mookie just passed away 2 months ago at age 17, but he was a chewer to the end. Even when it looked like it pained him, he would tear up a bone. For that, his teeth were just a tiny bit better than Nikki & Winky Dinky Dawg.

Winky would never ever chew, even as a puppy. Put a bone in front of her and she looked at you as if to say "Please put that in the food processor first."

So for my big boy, I'm considering more raw food and bones which he has to beat up, drag, and gnaw. This naturally takes care of that doggy flossing.
The Many Myths of Raw Feeding

No comments: